Unwarranted Introduction
I put on my make up
Unceremoniously dab it across my face,
the metamorphosis of my head into an unadulterated canvas
there's no magic to it and why should there be?
Something about the blankness that defines one as a mime
or gasp, even worse... a clown
but see whats wrong with being labeled a clown?
Is it because we make you laugh
the unpredictability in a world ruled absolute by a language all too often spoken
i could bet all my money and dare say that wouldn't everybody want to hear the thoughts of one so reserved
relegated by choice to an existence of action and silence
i was born into a world where actions are limited to truisms when translated into words
how sad
the long lost art of speaking by movement has now been misunderstood
raped, pillaged, misconstrued..
were we all put our own senseless meanings into it
see words Do Not escape me
its more like I am the fugitive in this scene
quick, stealthy, choreographed movements
in all my pantomimic glory
my actions i dare not clarify
you are an audience downtrodden to your guessing ways
so keep guessing i say
for you see, at the end of the day, actions speak louder than words....
and really, what more can I say
or not say?
utter or not utter?
I have met Gandhi, and defied Hitler, but most importantly,
I have found my voice, ironically by staying silent - speaking through actions.
and I hope for the sake of us all - that you may find yours too.
yours truly,
Charlie
No comments:
Post a Comment