John Lennon,
Cause a Violent Revolution,
Don't Cause Peace
Peace is big,
War is BIG Business,
It keeps them Fat and Happy
Anti-War,
Keep Me out,
I'll Get in,
Own up in Public Against Peace
Youth of Tomorrow,
Help You
Helping Yourselves
One revolution Promised SMASH the place down
Build it up again
People, Hang onto it
Become the esTAblishmeNT
Worth Knocking it down
Convenient... The rooms and the Machinery
Protest non-violently,
Violence begets violence
Run Around Wild, You get Smacked
...Laws of the Universe
Suppressing us
They dont know Non-violence and Humor
Many ways of promoting Peace;
Piss
Smile
Go to School
DOnt Go to School
Whatever you do, just do it for Peace
Up to the people
Blame it on the Government
We allow it
If we really want to change it,
We can change it.
Cause a Violent Revolution,
Don't Cause Peace
Peace is big,
War is BIG Business,
It keeps them Fat and Happy
Anti-War,
Keep Me out,
I'll Get in,
Own up in Public Against Peace
Youth of Tomorrow,
Help You
Helping Yourselves
One revolution Promised SMASH the place down
Build it up again
People, Hang onto it
Become the esTAblishmeNT
Worth Knocking it down
Convenient... The rooms and the Machinery
Protest non-violently,
Violence begets violence
Run Around Wild, You get Smacked
...Laws of the Universe
Suppressing us
They dont know Non-violence and Humor
Many ways of promoting Peace;
Piss
Smile
Go to School
DOnt Go to School
Whatever you do, just do it for Peace
Up to the people
Blame it on the Government
We allow it
If we really want to change it,
We can change it.
[note]
This is my own interpretation of how laziness, stubbornness or just plain ignorance can lead us to a path of misunderstanding the wisdom intended within the original message.
At first, as I was captioning the first part of the dialogue to the short film "I met the Walrus", I wanted to just highlight and emphasize the words that Lennon spew out, which for me held some kind of rhetoric. It was never my intention to take it out of said dialogue and re-create it into a contextual message - I really wish I was as clever as that - but my message of avoidance towards superficial thinking gave me this idea.
I wanted to point out how big bold words with an utter semantic weight can be wondrous and captivating, but once taken out from the body from whence it came from - they are but anecdotes hungry for analysis. Now this analysis of words taken out of context is where many of the pitfalls of understanding lie. It is our self interpretation of said anecdotes that can lead to mis-understanding. Most often this is because we are either influenced by our past experiences, which in a deeper aspect reflect our beliefs and views regarding faith, politics, diplomacy and in many ways, what we have come to believe is the right thing to do.
I re-read them, the dialogue I have deconstructed and fashioned to a piece of my own liking,
and I could not hep but see how "deep-sounding" per se' it has become.
It sounds nice, yes -
it looks nice, definitely...
Even the sentences who have no business being put together sound as if it has an ulterior motive that can only be found out through deep reflection and heavy thought, when really, they don't mean shit.
Its but a flash in the pan,
all spark and no heat.
Full of vigor and intensity, yet lacking the potency to make it cohesive and tangible...
A message open for interpretation can only lead to a deviation from its original intentions.
~ Christian San Jose
No comments:
Post a Comment