THOSE FLASHING LIGHTS, COME FROM EVERYWHERE
WHAT WILL YOU DO
WITH YOUR 15 MINUTES OF FAME?
A fading reemergence - nothing short of illustrious.
One minute i'm here and the next second i'm gone
My fifteen minutes of fame is really just that.
By the time you read this, you will soon forget me like last nights fleeting dream.
I am used to it, it is expected, because of it I am now numb
To this beautiful letdown, I all too often succumb
2 minutes I have burned
like a long drag from the cigarette that keeps me occupied for the moment
every action is meaningless yet hold severe consequences
just not right now
first comes the fame
then futility follows, forward and fatal
a faux finish to something that will never end
a ghastly ghost haunting
behind the scenes, following
3 minutes, turns to 4 then 5
The second hand ticks relentless and unflagging
playing catch up with its tail right in front of its nose
6 minutes...
Fame I dont want to be your friend, nor your lover
I just wanna use you
a muse to be abused,
keep me amused for my remaining 5400 milliseconds
a melee, I try make you slow down
so I can catch up
and penetrate you once more
what I once wanted to do became what I once did
fame wont you stay with me a bit longer?
My fifteen minutes of fame
leaves me scathed black and blue, tinged with a faint hue of red
Now rinse the blood
redo the deed
repeat...
And wait for you once more.
Hence my answer to
what will I do with my 15 minutes?
...Absolutely nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment