downtown lore
walker of the night
i peruse these streets alone
under the covers
as darkness descends
hiding our mutual scars
wounds from a battle long since done
i toil in your streets in the day
and marvel at the metamorphosis you go under at night
beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say
and so be it, I reply...
for you are seemingly my mate.
for like I, you are danger at every turn
the illusion of clean, and proper are but the suits and dresses that litter your pavement
when darkness approach, that is when you unfold in all your glory
like an unsheathe blade you shine
derelict alleys full of anger and gripping beauty.
the fog that descends on you complement the lights you behold
a sublime yellow I often say
heavy it wafts, and eerie it glows.
no longer does it illuminate - for now it just becomes part of a whole
like a painting bleeding colors in a direction that directly blends unto the next
drunkards and gate crashers, vandals and dolled up individuals.
like zombies they are everywhere basking
I cannot tolerate being away from you
not even for one moment
or two heart beats
which ever one is faster
it is at night that i have truly come to love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment