"I'm not in love,
This is not my heart,
I'm not gonna waste these words,
About a girl."
~ The Academy Is...
This is not my heart,
I'm not gonna waste these words,
About a girl."
~ The Academy Is...
I will no longer waste words
About a Girl
turn these vowels and consonants to verbs
from the bowels of my mind redundant terms
unrelenting, maybe something from it I could learn
I will no longer waste words
on a Girl
unappreciated
the words cry cries only read,
silently they bled
through the ink of the pens that I write them with.
I will no longer waste words
on a girl who will not hear them
one ear out the other
out they go like cannon fodder
the wisdom they held lost because she never wondered
I will no longer waste words
on a girl who will not read them
out loud, in her mind or in her heart.
The soul in each letter, lost when they are all apart
never meant to venture all alone
for they were meant for each other from the start
I will no longer waste these words
I will no longer spew them forth
like a casual retort, only to be unabsorbed
for they deserve something better
someone better
something in the letters
when they all come together
can make us dream that we can be somehow greater
These words that I cherish,
You can no longer blemish,
For I will no longer waste words on you.
These words are not for you...
~ Christian San Jose
[note]
Re-reading this poem, I can not help but feel the emo-ness of it.
It bleeds it like black mascara.
This poem was inspired by The Academy is...'s song "About a Girl".
And, yes I have noticed the self-conflict on the last verse of this poem.
I will leave it be, for the paradox(es) found within it are all true.
No comments:
Post a Comment