MUNNY MACHINATIONS

(MUNNY Creations that I deem too mundane to be able to break away from the canvas' mold)

The problem with Munnys...

I understand the popularity - no really I do - probably a thousand more facets than the average scene-ster or fad trend follower ever will. Its basically a blank canvas, that in its outright lonesome void of color or imagination - is creative in its own right. Bet you cant say the same thing for a blank piece of notepad - or a fresco. Without the artists droplet of artistry it is basically forgettable and nothing more than a manufactured industrial product.


The problem with Munny's is that because it is a stand-alone creative canvas per se', it threatens to overwhelm the artists rendition of said art. Not only that, but whatever variation they may try to do - without drastically, and I mean a drastic beyond drastic transformation, their art will forever be defined by the Munny's own structure. And there-in lies the conundrum with Munnys - the self labeled "Do-it Yourself" action figure arrives at your door step as a "Done-it already" prototype.


Though this said negative aspects of the Munny can also be a hidden gem of sorts, for now the artist must dare to be greater than everything everyone has ever seen before. It pushes the limits beyond the threshold of what a normal "Munny" art can be, thus allowing the artist to grow beyond what they are normally capable of.


My take on this is purely my own singular view - though I do like Munny's, both for the simplistic nature that it inherently holds, as well as something about its blankness that induces the imagination to reach new heights. I read this article once about high ceilings and how it can inspire a person to be just creative. Its analogously similar to what a Munny can bring about. It elevates ones mental ceiling because it is a canvas entirely creative in its own right, to innovate and just influence the mind and your heart to bring about something extra extra ordinary.


Go ahead pick one up and fuck around with it, you'll be taken aback at just how much you can surprise yourself.


(I know I will - but until I break out of my own mental ceiling, I will never be satisfied with any machination I may create.)



-chrissanjose


(...and MUNNY's that I deem have transcended its canvas' disciplines)







No comments: