you sell out you


"Look at me. Buy me now."




I am one size too small,

and three sizes too big.
Never been that proverbial one-size fits all.
I have always been outgrown,
torn, and over washed.
Made in China,
with too cheap a material to flourish for the superficial fashionista.

I am 3 seasons too late,
and overdressed for the occasion.
Undressed are my thoughts,
with one judging look from the mirror.

This outfit would never work,
It can never be.
Not cool enough,
or too daring to be caught wearing such ensemble.

I've never looked great in jeans,
and Khaki's are too hard to fit me the best.
Color combinations are all wrong.
How could I have been ever conceived?

Moth holes fill the back of me.
The graphic has now faded.
The message has been lost...

A new message reads from the tag to the side of me:
Clearance!
Sale!
Last Chance!
All with pleas of "look at me", and "buy me now".

"Look at me. Buy me now."



I have sold out,
undoubtedly...
on a discount even.
Mark downed to be purchased,
even at a negative profit margin.
And for what - nothing really.
For naught,
or to be rid of,
or to belong to somebody else, other than my own.

Ironically,
My soul now belongs to the devil,
Instead of the demons that have haunted me
all my life.


clearly i am a sell out
and my stock, the lot of 'em
hath just run out of inventory

No comments: